- Preliminary Budget for FY 2017-2018 in PDF
- Meeting Schedule: City Council and Community Redevelopment Agency
- Clearwater Beach Voted #1 "Best Place to Watch a Sunset" in USA Today
- FY 2016/17 Annual Report
- Provide Your Input On Important City Topics From Home
- Current Watering Schedule
- Citizens Guide
You can contact the city of Clearwater by selecting a category that best matches your concern. A ticket will be opened which will allow you to track your request online and view any steps taken to resolve the issue.
All City News
Call to Artists: Clearwater Comic-Con 2018 Mascot Contest
Artists of All Ages Are Invited To Submit Designs
The Clearwater Public Library System seeks artists of all ages for our annual Comic Con Mascot Contest. Each Spring more than 2,000 attendees gather at the Main Library in downtown Clearwater for a day of comics, cosplay, vendors, and fun activities. Submit your design for a mascot that will represent this year's event: your design will be on marketing materials, give-aways, and social media (just to name a few). Details about the contest and how to enter are found below.
- Contest open to all ages.
- Entrant must follow the instructions and create an original artwork. Digital paintings are ideal but you may also use traditional mediums such as watercolor, acrylic, pastel and oil painting. Traditional paintings have to be scanned afterwards and submitted following the specified file formats and settings.
- The completed entry may include Sketches, Concept, Line Art, Color Render and final Hero Design but must be submitted at the Contest Site as a single PNG or JPG file.
- The Entry:
- must be at least 2000 pixels in the shortest length, minimum of 72 dpi, and file size no larger than 5MB. Upon request by Sponsor, Entrant must provide an image of at least 4000 pixels in the shortest length, minimum of 300 dpi, as well as the initial sketch before the final rendered piece;
- must be the Entrant’s original work made for the Contest and may not use stock materials and other proprietary images or textures.
- may reference but not actually duplicate visual materials provided or referenced in the Art Sample
- (Optional) Along with your submission, you can include a brief description of about 50 words explaining your Character’s details and story, this will help us better understand your inspiration and Character’s back story.
- The Work must be in keeping with the image of the Clearwater Public Library System
- may not be inappropriate, offensive, libelous or defamatory, pornographic, sexually explicit, unlawful or plagiarized, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion;
- must not be harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, profane, obscene, excessively violent, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion; may not violate or encourage others to violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or property rights or any other third party rights, or involve physical harm to any person or animal;
- may not contain verbal or visual mentions of commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, and slogans, other than as contained in the art sample provided to Entrants at the Contest Site;
- may not include any viruses, worms, corrupt files, Trojan horses, or other forms of corruptive code or content that may harm or compromise the Contest Site and/or the proper conduct of the Contest;
- may not use any watermarks but may contain a signature by the artist provided that the signature is capable of removal at the request of Sponsor if the entry is adapted for use by the Sponsor as a winning entry in accordance with these Rules; and
- if found to be in violation of these Rules will be disqualified and therefore removed from the Contest Site Gallery.
- Only online entries will be accepted. No hard copies of the entry will be accepted for judging. Do not submit original files or Works unless requested by Sponsor.
- ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 PM (GMT+8 Time) on December 1, 2016. No illegible, incomplete, forged or altered entries will be accepted. Works will not be returned.
- Entrants may enter as many Works as they like however duplicate entries are not allowed.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
Eligible and qualified entries will be open to public voting from December 3, 2016 to January 1, 2017. The Work will be graded using a point system where 80% of the points be graded by a panel of Sponsor’s full-time librarians, while the remaining 20% be voted on by public audiences based on Facebook “Likes” on their Work. The sponsor’s panel will grade the Work on the basis of (i) Technical Skill, (ii) Originality, (iii) Composition, (iv) Overall Impact of the Work, and (v) Brief description of the entry, all in whatever degree the judges believe to be appropriate in reaching a decision. Only one entry per Entrant may be chosen. Sponsor’s reserve the right to not select a winner.
There will be one 1st Place Prize, one 2nd Place Prize, one 3rd Place Prize
1st Place Winner
- Artwork will be used as the 2017 Clearwater Comic Con Mascot
- Artwork featured in the contest gallery
- Gift Prize TBD
2nd Place Winner
- Gift Prize TBD
- Artwork featured in the contest gallery
ALL ENTRANTS WITH QUALIFYING ARTWORK:
Once the winners have been determined, Sponsor will contact the winning entrants for verification purposes and to discuss prize delivery.
Winners will be announced using Facebook after January 1, 2017. https://www.facebook.com/clearwaterlib/?fref=ts