Bicycle lanes are lanes on the roadway reserved for preferential use by cyclists. Bicycle lanes
are generally designed for the bicyclists who are not turning. Cyclist who are turning right
should use the right turn lane (if available). Cyclists who are turning left should use the left
turn lane (if available).
The City of Clearwater has existing striped lanes designated for bicycles on several roadways including:
- Sunset Point Road from McMullen Booth Road to Keene Road.
- Drew Street from Jupiter Avenue to east of US19.
- Keene Road from Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard to Union Street.
- S. Ft. Harrison Avenue from Belleview Boulevard to Court Street.
- McMullen Booth Road from south of Drew Street north beyond the city limits.
- Cleveland Street from Highland to east of Belcher Road.
- NE Coachman Road from Drew Street east to beyond El Tair (generally).
- SR590 from Owen Drive east to Lawrence Drive.
- Court Street from Hillcrest Avenue east to Highland Avenue.
- Gulf Blvd. from the southern portion of Sand Key south beyond the city limits.