| Public Communications Home
Clearwater 101 Citizen's Academy
Meeting Streaming Video
Documents and Publications
Penny for Pinellas
Video (City Meetings)
Contact Public Communications
101 Citizen's Academy
Clearwater 101 is an interactive program that focuses on educating
citizens about the City's governmental processes. Elected officials,
department directors and other city staff will host unique and informative
sessions designed to give citizens hands-on experience in city government
operations. Join other citizens who help keep our community strong by
actively participating in City affairs.
The application deadline has passed, and no further applications are
being accepted for the 2013 academy sessions at this time. Selected class
members have been notified of their acceptance. Applications
for next year's academy will tentatively be accepted in Summer
This year's 10-session curriculum will be held on Tuesday evenings from 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m. beginning September 10th, 2013. Classes are on Tuesdays.
The tentative 2013 schedule is as follows:
Sept. 10 - Orientation - City Manager, City Council, Legal, Official Records and Legislative Services, Human Resources Council Chambers at City Hall, 112 S. Osceola Ave., 3rd floor
Sept. 17 - Public Utilities Northeast Water Reclamation Facility 3290 State Road 580 (793-2787)
- Tuesday, Sept. 24 - Solid Waste/General Services Solid Waste Complex 1701 North Hercules Ave.
- Tuesday, Oct. 1 - Library/Economic Development Main Library – Second floor Board Room 100 N. Osceola Ave.
- Tuesday, Oct. 8 - Fire & Rescue Fire Training Center 1716 N. Belcher Rd. (across from the Long Center)
- Tuesday, Oct. 15 - Police Police Department Headquarters – Chief’s Large Conference Room 645 Pierce Street, 3rd floor
- Tuesday, Oct. 22 - Finance/Budget/Audit/Public Communications City Hall Council Chambers 112 S. Osceola Ave.
- Tuesday, Oct. 29 -
Engineering, Planning & Development (with code enforcement) Municipal Services Building, 3rd floor employee lounge 100 South Myrtle Ave.
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 - Information Technology/Customer Service/ Gas System/Marine & Aviation Clearwater Airpark 1000 Hercules Ave. N.
- Tuesday, Nov. 12 - City Council/City Manager/Parks & Recreation Aging Well Center (at the Long Center) 1501 N. Belcher Road
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 - Graduation – Council Chambers – 112 S. Osceola Ave., 6 p.m.
2013 Citizen's Academy Graduating Class:
The first Clearwater 101 Citizen's Leadership Academy began with a picnic
held at Moccasin Lake Nature Park on September 14, 2002. Premiering as
an eight-week program, it offered Clearwater residents an opportunity
to learn how their government functions. Recognizing that residents are
the city's most important assets, officials designed the program to educate
citizens and help them become more actively involved in local government.
Archive of photos from previous Citizen's Academy classes