Engineering Department Home
Pre-Qualification to Bid
Documents and Publications
Forms and Applications
Invitation to Bid /
Frequently Asked Questions
Pre-Qualification to Bid
for Construction Work within the City of Clearwater
Files in this area are Microsoft® Word documents.
Instructions to Qualify for Bidding on Clearwater Construction Projects
In order to be eligible to bid for City of Clearwater construction projects a contractor must be prequalified with the Engineering Department's Construction Division. The purpose of pre-qualification is to provide the City with reasonable assurance that your organization has the financial assets, resources, work force and work experience to successfully complete construction contract agreements with the City. It is the Contractor's responsibility to confirm pre-qualification status before a bid opening.
If your company is interested in becoming prequalified or wishes to reapply for pre-qualification, please fill out the Pre-qualification application . In order for your application to be considered complete and begin the approval process you will need to submit all of the following items with your application:
- A current financial statement completed within the past year (City policy dictates that we return this item to you after the approval process is completed. We do not make copies or retain this financial information. If you submit electronically the file will be deleted following approval).
- Three current letters of reference on the owner's letterhead, written within the past three years, that includes the contractor's performance on a specific project. The letter should include a brief description of the project, start and end dates, dollar amount of contract and owner comments on the quality of workmanship and satisfaction of work completed.
- List of major projects active and completed within the past three years. Each project must include the type of work, contract dollar amount, start and completion dates, name and contact information of project owner representative.
- Copies of all current contractor licenses.
Pre-qualification status lasts for three (3) years from approval date and is limited to particular construction categories or construction activities in which the Contractor has successfully completed construction projects or extensive work in the category in conjunction with larger project work.
Please return the application and submittal items to:
City of Clearwater / Engineering Dept.
Attn. Construction Specialist: Valerie Craig
P.O. Box 4748
Clearwater, FL 33758-4748
If you have any questions during this process please contact the Construction Specialist:
- Phone: (727) 562-4750
- Fax: (727) 562-4755
- e-mail: Valerie.Craig@myclearwater.com