The Engineering Department provides construction, project management and inspection services. This includes verification that projects meet city requirements and are in accordance with approved plans. The project management function includes preparation of monthly pay estimates and contract administration. The department provides guidance and direction to contractors on a daily basis.
Instructions to Qualify for Bidding on Clearwater Construction Projects
In order to be eligible to bid for city of Clearwater construction projects, a contractor must be pre-qualified with the Engineering Department. The purpose of pre-qualification is to provide the city with reasonable assurance that your organization has the financial assets, resources, work force and work experience to successfully complete construction contract agreements with the city.
If your company is interested in becoming pre-qualified or wishes to reapply for pre-qualification, please fill out the Pre-Qualification Application. In order for your application to be considered complete and to begin the approval process, you will need to submit all of the following items vie email:
- Pre-Qualification Application.
- Current Financial Statement completed within the past year. City policy dictates that this item is not kept following the approval process. The city does not make copies or retain this financial information. The file will be deleted following approval.
- Three (3) Letters of Reference on the owner's letterhead, written within the past three years, that includes the contractor's performance on a specific project. The letter should include a brief description of the project, start and end dates, dollar amount of contract and owner comments on the quality of workmanship and satisfaction of work completed.
- List of major projects active and completed within the past three years. Each project must include the type of work, contract dollar amount, start and completion dates, name and contact information of project owner representative.
- Copies of all current contractor licenses.
Pre-qualification status lasts for three (3) years from approval date and is limited to particular construction categories or construction activities in which the contractor has successfully completed construction projects or extensive work in the category in conjunction with larger project work. Included in the application are the general categories of construction work which are available for contractor pre-qualification approval by the city of Clearwater. Check all categories for which your firm is seeking pre-qualification approval.
To receive approval in a particular construction category, your application must contain documentation of successfully completed work experience in that category. This documentation is to be included in your firm's completed project list.
In addition, your application must exhibit that your firm has sufficient equipment, resources, and employees on your firm's direct payroll to complete work as a prime contractor in each approved construction work category. Contractors with an insufficient work force or insufficient resources will not be approved for pre-qualification or will not receive pre-qualification in particular work categories.
It is the contractor's responsibility to confirm pre-qualification status before a bid opening.
If you have any questions during this process, please contact the Engineering Construction Contracts Specialist at (727) 562-4509.