Reclaiming the Future of Our Water
Clearwater is reclaiming our future by providing reclaimed water to residents throughout city boundaries. Several neighborhoods and areas of Clearwater are part of the city's reclaimed water system. Any future expansions of the reclaimed water system will be done by the Citizen Initiated Petition.
Making the Connections: Reclaimed and Drinking Water Supplies
It's our goal to ensure that we have the water we need today and in the future. The use of reclaimed water helps the city to preserve high-quality drinking water, by providing a reliable and economical alternative source of irrigation water. Drinking water is a precious, limited resource, while reclaimed water is readily available.
Benefits of Reclaimed Water
- It's less expensive than using potable water.
- It's a drought-resistant source of irrigation water.
- It does not leave stains or have odors.
- Irrigation with reclaimed water is allowed 7 days per week.
- Neighborhoods can possibly receive grant funding from SWFWMD.
- It helps limit future utility rate increases.
- Property values can go up because of reclaimed water availability.
- It minimizes negative effects to underground water sources.
- It could save millions of gallons of drinking water each day and help us manage costs.
- It helps protect Tampa Bay by reusing water that would otherwise be discharged.
- It helps ensure water resources for ourselves, our children, and for generations to come.
How to Request Reclaimed Water
For current rate information, call Clearwater's Utility Customer Service at (727) 562-4600.