Commercial Collection Service
Businesses and organizations supplied with Dumpsters should follow these guidelines:
- Dumpsters that are visible at ground level from any public right-of-way or adjacent property must be concealed in a gated enclosure with a reinforced concrete pad. Enclosures must be constructed so the Dumpster is accessible to users and refuse collection trucks, and must conform to city of Clearwater specifications. For assistance or questions, call (727) 562-4920.
- Do not block Dumpster enclosures with vehicles or other obstructions.
- Do not overload containers or place objects on top of closed lids.
- Cut pipes or boards into short lengths so they will not stick out of or become wedged in the container.
- Do not place the following materials in the container: concrete, dirt, sod, sand, plaster or other heavy building materials, electronics, paint, tar, hot ashes, flammable/hazardous/biomedical waste, auto batteries or tires.
- Drain and wrap wet garbage prior to placing in the container.
The Solid Waste Department provides complete roll-off service for all 10 to 40-cubic-yard open-top containers and compactors. We offer competitive rates and prompt, professional service. For more information or to request service, call (727) 562-4920.
Commercial Container Service and Repair
Call the Solid Waste Department at (727) 562-4920 to report containers needing service or repair. Provide the ID number painted on the container's front and the service address. Describe the type of damage or service that is needed. Ensure container is easily accessible on day of scheduled repair or service.