Art and Technology Showcase in Downtown Clearwater
- Date: 06/22/2019 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
From virtual reality to sound mixers to drones, technology is offering new pathways for individuals to create and engage with art.
The city of Clearwater’s Community Redevelopment Agency will explore this future with leading and emerging voices in the Tampa Bay region for a free half-day showcase of discussion, demos and interactive activities that demonstrate how technology can play a powerful role in audience experience.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, June 22, at Second Century Studios, 331-A Cleveland St., Clearwater residents and visitors can explore:
- An augmented and virtual reality demo with the University of South Florida’s Access 3D Lab
- A 3-D printer from the Clearwater Main Library’s makerspaces
- A virtual reality gaming exhibit from the Escape Room Clearwater Beach
- A sound mixer and playground from Matthew Reisinger (FR33DBACK), a sight, sound and stage designer
- Spontaneous group vocal looping from Mouth Council and Billy Mays III
- An interactive and playful sight, sound and movement installation from The Urban Conga
Doors will open to the public at 10 a.m. June 22. Starting at 10:30 a.m., Amanda Thompson, the CRA’s director, will lead a panel discussion with USF’s Access 3D Lab and the Clearwater Main Library about the intersection of art and technology and its future in Downtown Clearwater.
The space will also feature the surrealist-inspired Dreams of Dali Virtual Reality Exhibit from The Dali Museum, which ends its six-month run at Second Century Studios on June 30. The pop-up installation is part of the CRA’s broader initiative to support high-quality, participatory arts programming that showcases the unique assets of Downtown Clearwater and the surrounding area.
To learn more or RSVP, visit facebook.com/events/2025725661069645/
Rosemary D’Amour, Public Relations & Programs Manager, Clearwater CRA | email@example.com | 727-562-4024
The City of Clearwater Community Redevelopment Agency
The City of Clearwater’s Community Redevelopment Agency aims to promote Downtown Clearwater’s ongoing neighborhood revitalization through programs and initiatives that strengthen and stimulate our local economy and community. Visit downtownclearwater.com for more information.