Our Perspectives, Our Cultures, Our Community Artist Demonstration
- Date: 10/19/2019 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Second Century Studios
311 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, Florida 33755
- Introduction: Our Perspective, Our Cultures, Our Community art demonstration day where artists will teach about different art mediums from print to painting to pottery.
The city of Clearwater’s Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) announces the Sept. 20 opening of a new exhibit entitled “Our Perspectives, Our Cultures, Our Community,” featuring the work of local artists and students at Second Century Studios in Downtown Clearwater.
The limited run exhibit is an opportunity to showcase diverse perspectives from the Clearwater community through the visual arts (e.g. photography, glasswork, sculpture, painting, etc.), featuring 80 pieces from 45 artists. The exhibit is part of the CRA's mission to create a vibrant, inclusive and arts-infused community in Downtown Clearwater.
“Over the past year, we at the CRA have used Second Century Studios in Downtown Clearwater as a unique arts space for the residents of the city of Clearwater,” said Amanda Thompson, CRA director. “We’re excited to offer an opportunity to educate, to inspire and to connect through art.”
Opening Sept. 20 in concert with the Downtown Art Walk, "Our Perspectives, Our Culture, Our Community” will be free and open to the public through Oct. 27. An artists’ reception will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Sept. 27 and is an opportunity for the public to engage with the artists featured in the exhibit.
“Clearwater is a region with an incredible diversity of populations; people from all over the world live in community with one another,” said Tarin Mohajeri, program coordinator for the exhibit and the CRA. “We want to celebrate that diversity and how it is expressed through different art forms.”
Our Perspectives, Our Cultures, Our Community
Second Century Studios in Downtown Clearwater (331 – A Cleveland St.)
Sept. 20 – Oct. 27
Exhibit Hours: 12 – 6 p.m. Thursdays and Fridays and 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays.
Other events at Second Century Studios during the run of “Our Perspectives, Our Cultures, Our Community” will be free and open to the public and include:
- Sept. 27: A reception to meet the artists featured in “Our Perspectives, Our Cultures, Our Community,” 6 – 8 p.m.
- Oct. 11: Town Hall discussion led by the city of Clearwater’s Diversity & Equity Services, 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Oct. 19: An artist demonstration day to learn about different mediums from print to painting to pottery, 11 a.m. — 2 p.m.
- Oct. 25: Performing arts and storytelling event, 6 – 9 p.m.
Second Century Studios is an art space located at the corner of Cleveland Street and Osceola Avenue in Downtown Clearwater that has been supported by the CRA. Second Century Studios has hosted a number of art exhibits and art classes since its September 2017 opening.
To learn more about the art exhibit or Second Century Studios, contact Tarin Mohajeri, program coordinator for the CRA, at email@example.com or (727) 337-0486.