Free Electronic Waste Dropoff/Recycling Event
- Date: 06/24/2020 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Solid Waste Complex - Campbell
1701 N Hercules Ave
Clearwater, Florida 33765
Clearwater’s Electronic Waste Dropoff Event Resumes June 24
Several New Safety Protocols will be in Place to Protect Everyone
CLEARWATER, Fla. – For the first time since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Clearwater Solid Waste & Recycling services are able to resume the city’s electronic waste dropoff event. It will be held from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, June 24 at Clearwater Solid Waste Complex, 1701 N. Hercules Ave., Clearwater.
Accepted electronic items include TVs, monitors, laptops, power supplies, central processing units/CPUs, cell phones, and other devices with rechargeable batteries. These items are hazardous and should never be placed in curbside containers or disposed of along the street or sidewalk as litter.
CDC recommended safety procedures will be implemented for this month’s e-waste dropoff events and for all collection events going forward. Several new safety protocols will be in place to protect staff and resident participants. They are:
- City staff will wear masks and gloves
- All items must be in the vehicle trunk or in the back of a pick-up truck or trailer bed.
- Staff will not remove items from vehicle interiors.
- Everyone must adhere to safe distancing guidelines of at least 6 feet or more (about 2 arms' length) from other people.
- Customers are asked to remain in their vehicles.
- Identification is required to confirm city residency. This can include a driver’s license, utility bill, etc.
If you have questions, visit myclearwater.com/recycling and click on “Electronic Waste,” or call the Solid Waste operations line at (727) 562-4920.
# # #