Meetings on Streaming Video - Live and Archived
- Approved Budget for FY 2018-2019 in PDF
- Meeting Schedules: City Council Work Session and Meetings
- Clearwater Beach Voted #1 "Best Place to Watch a Sunset" in USA Today
- FY 2016/17 Annual Report
- Provide Your Input On Important City Topics From Home
- Current Watering Schedule
- Citizens Guide
You can contact the city of Clearwater by selecting a category that best matches your concern. A ticket will be opened which will allow you to track your request online and view any steps taken to resolve the issue.
All City News
Repurpose Holiday Grease Instead of Pouring It Down the Drain
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Pouring cooking fats, oils and greases down the drain this holiday season can cause serious and expensive pipe blockages. Clearwater Public Utilities and the Solid Waste/Recycling Department ask residents to repurpose their cooking fats, oils and grease this holiday season.
Follow these steps to repurpose cooking greases:
- Place leftover cooking greases, frying oils, meat drippings, and bacon fats into a container.
- Bring the grease to the city's Solid Waste/Recycling drop-off center at 1701 N. Hercules Ave.
- Pour the contents of the container into the large barrel that is on-site. Take the empty container home or place it in the trash afterwards, as a container with a layer of grease inside is not recyclable.
The Solid Waste Recycling Drop-off Center accepts fats, oils and greases, and it is open to residents 24 hours a day, seven days a week. No commercial material will be accepted.
Grease that is poured down the drain causes costly plumbing problems, resulting in sewer backups, blockages and sewer overflows. If you see or smell something you think might be a sewer overflow, report it immediately by calling (727) 562-4960 Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. After hours, report the spill by calling (727) 462-6633.
For more information about the city’s grease repurposing program, visit myclearwater.com/recycling or call the Solid Waste Operations Center at (727) 562-4920.
# # #