Meetings on Streaming Video - Live and Archived
- Approved Budget for FY 2018-2019 in PDF
- Meeting Schedules: City Council Work Session and Meetings
- Clearwater Beach Voted #1 "Best Place to Watch a Sunset" in USA Today
- FY 2016/17 Annual Report
- Provide Your Input On Important City Topics From Home
- Current Watering Schedule
- Citizens Guide
You can contact the city of Clearwater by selecting a category that best matches your concern. A ticket will be opened which will allow you to track your request online and view any steps taken to resolve the issue.
All City News
Another Record-Breaking and Successful Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival Presented by Visit St. Pete/Clearwater
CLEARWATER, Fla. – Every year the excitement and popularity of the Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival Presented by Visit St. Pete/Clearwater continues to grow and amaze visitors from around the world with elaborate sand sculptures and a wide variety of activities and entertainment. This past month was the seventh year the festival transformed Clearwater Beach into a “sandastic” artistic paradise and ran 17-days, April 12-28.
Some highlights from the 2019 Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival:
- More than 70,000 visitors entered the 2019 Sugar Sand Walk Exhibit. This number is based on gate entry sales, online ticket sales, field trips, group tours, VIP lounge, sponsor benefits, vendors, volunteers, media, staff and promotional ticket giveaways. In 2018, 45,000 visitors passed through the Sugar Sand Walk Exhibit.
- For the first time the festival hosted the Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL Draft Pick on April 27. This put Clearwater Beach in the national television spotlight with the iconic Pier 60 as the backdrop.
- Visitors were able to enjoy amazing views from a Ferris wheel in Pier 60 Park as part of the festival, the first time a Ferris wheel has been on Clearwater Beach since 2004.
- Overall attendance for the 2019 event is estimated at more than 200,000 visitors, up from 120,000 in 2018. This number includes the Sugar Sand Walk Exhibit attendees and all guests who visited Pier 60 Park and the free activities outside the 21,000-square-foot Sugar Sand Walk Exhibit.
- Voted “Best Festival” at the Visit St. Pete/Clearwater “Bestie” Awards two-years in a row.
The Sugar Sand Festival College Art Wall Master Sand Sculpting Competition, “Your Change Helps Create Change” fundraiser, helped raised more than $12,000 for Sandy Lane Elementary School and Eisenhower Elementary School in Clearwater through donations from visitors.
The winning sculptures and sculptors are:
1st Place: The Future Is In Your Hands by Jooheng Tan from Singapore
2nd Place: Learning to Fly by Raymond Wirick from England
3rd Place: Love by Martijn Rijerse from Belgium
About the Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival
Fourteen master sculptors from around the world craft elaborate sand sculptures from Clearwater’s internationally famous sugar sand. The works of art are on display in a 21,000-square-foot structure. More than 1,000 tons of Clearwater sand takes on a new life, bringing visitors on a magical journey. The festival is a joint effort between Sunsets at Pier 60, a 501(c)3 organization and the city of Clearwater.