Mental Health & Emotional Support Resources
Mental health is so important, especially now. If you are feeling stressed, alone, or in need of emotional support, crisis- or emotional-support services and call lines are here to help.
The following crisis hotlines provide free, confidential support:
- 211 Tampa Bay Cares: Dial 211, Text your zip code to 898211 or visit 211tampabay.org.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call (800) 273-8255, or chat at suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat.
- Veterans Crisis Line: Call (800) 273-8255 and press 1 or visit veteranscrisisline.net.
- Directions for Living is hosting an Emotional Support Call Line: (727) 524-4464, ext 1001. Line is open seven days a week, from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline. Call (800) 985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- Crisis Textline. Text TALK to 741741.
COUNSELING FOR FIRST RESPONDERS
Directions for Living is offering no-cost, 30-minute virtual counseling sessions for first responders, including healthcare workers, EMS staff, law enforcement officers, firefighters and mental health personnel. To schedule an appointment, call (727) 385-3394.
PEMHS PINELLAS MOBILE CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM (MCRT)
PEMHS’s Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT) is providing crisis intervention services for Pinellas County residents of all ages: http://pemhs.org/mobile-crisis-response-team-mcrt/. Their mobile team is available 24/7 on demand and consists of licensed behavioral health therapists and psychiatrists who are available to assist via telehealth or in person while practicing social distancing. A team can be dispatched to the location of the crisis with a target response time of 60 minutes from the time of the call. Call (727) 362-4424 to reach the MCRT.
- Evaluation and assessment
- Development of safety or crisis plans
- Providing or facilitating stabilization services
- Supportive crisis counseling
- Education: development of coping skills
- Linkage to appropriate resources
- Telehealth services for psychiatric care as available through partnering agencies
- Peer Support Services: involve a range of activities and interactions between people who share similar experiences of being diagnosed with behavioral health conditions.