Meetings on Streaming Video - Live and Archived
- *NEW* 2020/21 Preliminary Annual Operating and Capital Improvement Budget in PDF
- Meeting Schedules: City Council Work Session and Meetings
- Clearwater Beach Voted #1 "Best Place to Watch a Sunset" in USA Today
- FY 2016/17 Annual Report
- Provide Your Input On Important City Topics From Home
- Current Watering Schedule
- Citizens Guide
You can contact the city of Clearwater by selecting a category that best matches your concern. A ticket will be opened which will allow you to track your request online and view any steps taken to resolve the issue.
All City News
Clearwater Accepting Applications for Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Payment Assistance
Clearwater, Fla. – The city of Clearwater is seeking to assist residents hardest hit by the COVID-19 pandemic if they are behind on their rental, mortgage, or utility payments.
The Rental, Mortgage, and Utility Assistance program is open to Clearwater applicants for up to $4,000 in unpaid rent, mortgage, or utility bills. In order to qualify, applicants must fall under the following income criteria:
- Single-person household: Minimum income of $25,520; Maximum income of $39,400.
- Two-person household: Minimum income of $34,480; Maximum income of $45,000.
- Three-person household: Minimum income of $43,440; Maximum income of $50,650.
- Four-person household: Minimum income of $52,400; Maximum income of $56,250.
In addition to income requirements, applicants must also have lost their job or portion of income as a direct result of the COVID-19 pandemic, have less than $4,000 in liquid assets, and live within Clearwater’s incorporated city limits. The assistance is for up to three months and delinquencies must be from April 2020 and beyond. Payments will be disbursed directly to the utility, landlord, mortgage holder or other eligible agency to which the individual bills are due.
The city’s RMU assistance program has been designed to complement Pinellas County’s “Pinellas Cares” program. If an applicant’s income does not meet the above requirements, or their household is five or more persons, the Pinellas Cares program may be able to assist.
For more information on Clearwater’s RMU program, contact Economic Development and Housing Assistant Director Chuck Lane at Charles.email@example.com, or 727-562-4023, or log onto: https://www.myclearwater.com/government/city-departments/economic-development/rental-mortgage-and-utility-assistance.