City Closures for Independence Day Holiday
City of Clearwater offices, libraries and non-essential operations will be closed Friday, July 3 for the Independence Day holiday. The city's Solid Waste Department will be working, and there will be no changes to the collection schedule.
Clearwater recreation centers, pools and libraries will operate under the following schedule:
- Clearwater Beach pool will be open July 3 & 4 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Morningside Recreation Complex and pool will be open July 3 & 4 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- North Greenwood Recreation Complex pool will be open July 3 & 4 from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Ross Norton Recreation Center, skate park and pool will be open July 3 & 4 from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Henry L. McMullen Tennis Complex will be open July 3 & 4 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- Moccasin Lake Nature Park will be closed on July 3 and opened on July 4 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Countryside Recreation Center, the Long Center and the Clearwater Beach Recreation Center will be closed July 3 and open on July 4 from 8 a.m. to noon.
- All Clearwater libraries will be closed on July 3 & 4. Electronic resources are always available at myclearwaterlibrary.com.
There is no summer camp on July 3 at any of Clearwater’s recreation facilities.
The annual Clearwater Celebrates America has been canceled to keep large groups of people from gathering to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The city will be posting a virtual fireworks show that will showcase some of the fireworks from previous Clearwater Celebrates America celebrations. You will be able to find the video on the city’s social media channels on July 4.