Clearwater Aging Well Center Upcoming Virtual Programs for August
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 31, 2020
Contact: (727) 724-3070
Clearwater Aging Well Center Upcoming Virtual Programs
CLEARWATER, Fla. – The Aging Well Center at the Long Center is hosting a variety of upcoming free virtual programs throughout the month of August. These upcoming programs will be held on the ZOOM platform. To view the calendar for the month of August, visit myclearwater.com/agingwell. For more information or to register, call the Aging Well Center at (727) 724-3070.
Here are some upcoming programs:
Knitters World via ZOOM
- Wednesday, Aug. 5 & 19, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Join our fellow knitters for a social hour to chat about patterns, troubleshooting an issue or to stay connected.
Snow Show via ZOOM
- Thursday, Aug. 6, 2-3 p.m.
- Jim Weiss from the Tampa Bay History Center will present a program called the Snow Show, about the year that the downtown Tampa merchants decided to set up a ski slope and make the main street into a winter wonderland, and Murphy's Rule reigned. Disasters you couldn't imagine kept happening.
Trivia via ZOOM
- Friday, Aug. 7, 1-2 p.m.
- Exercise your brain through fun challenges about facts, dates and culture using the ZOOM platform.
Components of Wisdom via ZOOM
- Tuesday, Aug. 11, 1-2 p.m.
- Sheryl Graham presents research by Dr. DilipJeste that seeks to define the complexity of wisdom and how it develops with aging.
Attendees should call (727) 724-3070 if the ZOOM link isn’t received within 24 hours of the scheduled program.