Hurricane Irma Information
Updated Information as of 9/11/17 at 1 p.m.
Clearwater Trash, Debris and Employee Schedules
CLEARWATER, Fla. – Due to the Hurricane Irma impacts, the city of Clearwater has the following information for employees, residents and visitors.
- All city facilities (recreation centers, libraries, city office buildings, etc.) will be open tomorrow, Sept. 12, 2017
- Those who are normally scheduled for Monday's trash and recycling pick up will have their trash and recycling picked up Tuesday, Sept. 12. Those scheduled for a Tuesday pick up should plan to have their trash and recycling out for pick up on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday pick-up services will be on their regular schedule.
- City officials are asking people to please not put debris into the roadways. Residents should stack the debris along the curb, away from storm sewers and solid waste will pick it up as soon as they are able. We are currently having issues with residents putting debris back in the streets as soon as we are clearing the roads.
- Reclaimed water service has been turned off.
- The bridges will be open when Law Enforcement decides it is safe to re-enter the beaches. The beach re-entry passes will not be required to go back to Clearwater Beach.
City Employee Information for Hurricane Irma
The following information is for city employees. This information has been updated as of 9/11/17 at 1 p.m.
In response to Hurricane Irma, the following actions will take place:
All city facilities will be open on Tuesday, Sept. 12.
All employees are expected to be at work for their normal schedule on Tuesday, Sept. 12. If this is a problem for you, you need to contact your supervisor as soon as possible.
The Employee Health Center is closed until further notice.
City Employee Phone Tree: Non-essential employees should call 727-562-4100 to find out the city’s current operation level and listen to the phone tree to find out department-specific information on when to report to work.
- We will continue to update this page with information for employees.