Rules and Regulations
- Permits will be issued to employees of businesses located on Clearwater Beach where employee parking is NOT available and are valid only during the employees’ working hours. Vehicles displaying wraps, advertisements, etc. are strictly prohibited in city owned parking lots.
- Initially, each applicant must have a current letter (dated within the past 14 calendar days) printed on letterhead stationary with the business name, address, and telephone number stating the following:
- Employee name, current address, telephone number
- Employee’s vehicle information (i.e., model/make, color, license #, expiration date).
- Employee’s driver’s license number / state / expiration date.
- Statement verifying employee parking is not otherwise available and that the above information is in fact true and accurate.
- The business owner, business owner’s designee or general manager must sign the letter.
- Applicant must present current (within 14 days) paycheck stub and photo ID each month a permit is requested.
- Beach Employee parking permits will only be sold on a monthly basis at $40.00/mo. (tax included). The monthly rate will not be pro-rated, and is subject to change. Monthly permits will only be sold 5 days in advance of each month and will be valid on the first day of the month punched.
- Current permit holders must purchase permits by the 1st day of each month to maintain eligibility if a waiting list has been established for a designated lot.
- The permit must be displayed on the interior, lower left side of the front windshield to be visible or vehicle will be ticketed.
- Each permit is sold to the vehicle and is non-transferable. If a permit is lost, a new permit will be issued at the monthly rate (not pro-rated). All permits will be recorded by the vehicle information that is provided. Permit number must match vehicle tag numbers on file, report tag changes immediately to avoid ticketing.
- The Beach Employee Parking Permits are valid only in lot designated at one of the locations below:
|Lot||Name||Location||Hours of Enforcement||Number of Spaces in Lot|
|38||Family Aquatic & Recreation Center (includes street spaces on Bay Esplanade)||51 Bay Esplanade||
11 a.m.-11 p.m. (Mon.-Fri.)
|39||McKay Field||605 Mandalay Avenue||
8 a.m.-11 p.m. (Daily)
|43||Gateway||390 East Shore Drive||8 a.m.-1 a.m. (Daily)||41|
LIMITED AVAILABILITY – The parking permit DOES NOT guarantee a parking space. If the lot is full, the permit will NOT be valid in any other location.
All permits are non-refundable / program and prices subject to change.
Purchase permits at the Municipal Services Building / Parking System Office, Ste. 220, 100 S. Myrtle Ave. Clearwater, 33756-5520 . Phone: (727) 562-4704 .