General Rules and Regulations
Annual resident parking permits are for residents and current employees of the City of Clearwater. Proof of residency or employment is required (see attached). Permits may be purchased at the Municipal Services Building/Parking System, Room 220, 100 S. Myrtle Ave., Clearwater, FL 33756-5520, phone # 727-562-4704.
- One permit may be purchased for each vehicle registered to a City of Clearwater address. The permits are recorded by the vehicle information and tag numbers provided. Please contact us with any tag number changes. Individual applications must be completed for each permit that is purchased. Vehicle registration must be shown.
- The Resident Parking Permits are valid at the following locations:
|Lot #||Name||Location||Hours Enforced|
|36*||Rockaway||4 Rockaway St.||6 a.m.- 1 a.m. , Daily|
|37||Avalon/Kendall||6 Avalon St.||8 a.m.-11 p.m. , Daily|
|38||Bay Esplanade||51 Bay Esplanade||8 a.m.- 11 p.m. (Mon.-Sat.), 12:30 p.m. - 11 p.m. (Sunday)|
|39||McKay Field||605 Madalay Ave.||8 a.m. - 11 p.m.|
|44*||Courtney Campbell||3390 Courtney Campbell Causeway||7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (March and April -Sat., Sun., and Holidays, April and March Daily)|
|68*||Sailing Center/Sand Key N Beach Area||1001 Gulf Boulevard||7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (Sat., Sun., and Holidays, April and March Daily)|
|47||Mandalay Avenue On-Street Meters/Spaces||N of Kendall/Juanita||8 a.m.-6 p.m. , Daily|
*Permit holders must observe the posted closing hours of each lot - they will be enforced. The parking permit DOES NOT guarantee a parking space and is not valid at any other location.
3. The permit must be permanently affixed to the inside lower left (driver’s side) corner of the front windshield.
4. Annual permits will be sold for $75.00 (includes tax) or may purchase 6-month permit for $40 (includes tax).
5. Current permit holders will have 30 days from their expiration date to renew to maintain eligibility if a waiting list has been established.
6. Replacement permits for lost permits will be sold at the annual rate (not pro-rated).
7. Replacement permits for a new vehicle (original vehicle sold) will be sold for $5.00 (includes tax) – new registration required. The old permit must be removed and brought into the Parking System office. If the old permit is not removed and brought into the Parking System office, the current annual rate will be charged.
8. Permits are not pro-rated. For example, if a permit is purchased on or after July 25, the permit will be valid from August 1 through July 31. That same permit purchased on or before July 24 will be valid for the remainder of July through June 30.
Proof of Residency
It is your responsibility to prove that you are a permanent resident or the owner of real property within the incorporated boundaries of the City of Clearwater.
In addition to your Florida vehicle registration (per rules and regulations), a Florida picture I.D. with your current address and any two (2) of the following documents will be sufficient:
- A current voter’s identification card showing the “CITY” as “CW”. This indicates it is an address within the incorporated boundaries of the City of Clearwater. If the section marked “CITY” has an “X” or other letters, then it is a non-resident address.
- Any utility bill less than 60 days old that shows your name and a City of Clearwater address as the service address. “Utility” includes electric, telephone, water, or vision cable bills.
- A current tax bill (or notice) in your name showing a City of Clearwater address.
- A notarized or registered deed, mortgage or lease showing your name as the owner or occupant at that City of Clearwater address.
- A notarized statement from an adult relative that you are a full time resident in their home and any other two proofs from above showing that their home is in the City of Clearwater.
- Mail with postmark less than 60 days old, showing a City of Clearwater address.