A walk-through building permit may be obtained for certain types of small residential and non-residential projects. This type of permit does not require an in-depth plan review and can be reviewed and issued while you wait. Examples of permits that may be processed as a walk-through permit include:
- Minor residential interior remodeling
- Residential mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and gas (MEPG) permits. Certain small MEPG permits may be walked-through unless a Fire review is required.
- A/C change-outs
- Replacement windows and doors
- Solar pool heaters
- Certain screen enclosures
- Propane tank installation (above grade)
- Certain signs
If you need help determining whether your project qualifies for a walk-through permit, please call (727) 562-4567 for assistance.