To report an emergency such as a gas leak or a water main break, call (727) 462-6633.
In working to further the city’s Strategic Direction of continuously measuring and improving our performance, Utility Customer Service spotlights quality and financial responsibility by providing courteous, understanding, efficient service
to customers of the city of Clearwater utilities and to the internal departments that we are privileged to serve.
The city of Clearwater offers paperless utility billing. It's easy, convenient and environmentally friendly. After registering online, we'll notify you by e-mail each month when your bill is ready to view online. You will have access to your bill 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from wherever you are and will be able to view past bills. To register, visit our paperless sign-up page. If you have questions, call (727) 562-4600.
Utility Service Requests
Utility Customer Service attempts to accommodate requests for service connection/disconnection during normal business hours. In order to allow efficient scheduling of resources, customers are requested to provide at least one business day's notice for service connects and disconnects.
New Customer Information
Applicants requesting utility service as an owner must provide proof of ownership. This can be in the form of a settlement statement, deed, title or purchase agreement.
Applicants requesting utility service as a tenant must provide proof of occupancy. This can be in the form of a lease, or a written letter of authorization from the owner of property if lease is not available.
Utility accounts are billed monthly for services already rendered. Utility bills are due upon receipt and become past due 21 days from the statement date. Accounts not paid by the past due date will be billed a late charge of $3 or 2 percent of the past due amount, whichever is greater, to a maximum of $250.
Utility Deposit Information
- In general, payment of a security deposit equal to two (2) times the average monthly bill is required at the time utility service is requested.
- The security deposit is applied against any outstanding balance when the utility account is closed.
- Interest on cash deposits is credited to accounts annually at the prevailing interest rate.
- Deposits for residential utility service may be refunded after twelve (12) months of service, provided that a good payment record has been established. A good payment record would be no more than 2 past-due notices (penalty charges) in 12 months, no NSF (non-sufficient funds) checks, and no disconnection for non-payment of bill.
- Applicants for residential utility service may satisfy the deposit requirement by producing a letter of referral from another utility that confirms that the customer has established a good payment record. In general, such referral letters should be received prior to the date when service is requested to begin.
- Applicants for nonresidential utility service must place a cash deposit before utility service will be connected.
- Alternatives to a cash deposit for nonresidential accounts include a Surety Bond (obtained through an insurance company) and an Irrevocable Bank Letter of Credit. Such alternatives are subject to acceptance by the city of Clearwater. Detailed information regarding these alternatives is available upon request.
Hours of Operation - Utility Customer Service representatives are available via telephone or in person Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Telephone - Customers may contact Utility Customer Service by calling (727) 562-4600. After regular business hours, an answering service is available for touch-tone phone users to leave requests, which will be responded to the next business day.
In Person - Utility Customer Service is located on the first floor of the Municipal Services Building at 100 S. Myrtle Ave. Services provided include utility bill payment, requests for connection/disconnection of utility services, and general information. A drive-thru facility is available for utility bill payments. A night deposit box is available for after-hours payments. PLEASE DO NOT PUT CASH IN THE NIGHT DEPOSIT BOX.
Fax - Customers may fax requests to Utility Customer Service at (727) 562-4629.
Mail - Customers may write to Utility Customer Service at P.O. Box 4748, Clearwater, FL 33758-4748.
City Holidays - The Utility Customer Service office will be closed for business on the following days: Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day.
Utility Customer Service
P.O. Box 4748
Clearwater, FL 33758-4748
Utility Customer Service
Municipal Services Building, 1st Floor
100 S. Myrtle Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33756
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (excluding holidays)