The city of Clearwater’s Community Redevelopment Agency presents the Dalí Museum’s Dreams of Dalí Virtual Reality Experience at Second Century Studios, 331 Cleveland St. This immersive experience will transport you into Salvador Dalí’s surrealist painting Archaeological Reminiscence of Millet’s “Angelus.” a sneak peek of the fantastical and surreal experiences The Dalí Museum has to offer as you go inside – and beyond – one of Salvador Dalí’s masterpieces.
CRA Budget Documents
- CRA/DDB Interlocal Agreement FY 2018-2019
- CRA/CPD Interlocal Agreement FY 2018-2019
- CRA/Library Interlocal Agreement FY 2018-2019
- CRA/City Interlocal Agreement FY 2018-2019
- CRA/City Interlocal Agreement FY 2017-2018
- CRA/DDB Interlocal Agreement FY 2017-2018
- CRA/Clearwater Police Interlocal Agreement FY 2017-2018
- CRA/Clearwater Library Interlocal Agreement FY 2017-2018
- CRA FY 2017-2018 Annual Report
- CRA FY 2016-2017 Annual Report
- CRA FY 2015-2016 Annual Report
- CRA FY 2014-2015 Annual Report
About the CRA
What is the CRA?
The Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) refers to a public entity created by a city or county to implement the community redevelopment activities outlined under the Florida Community Redevelopment Act of 1969 codified as Chapter 163, Part III, Florida Statutes and provides a vehicle whereby local communities may form a CRA, and further create a redevelopment trust fund for financing improvements within a predetermined redevelopment target area. The CRA was established by the local government, and functions within that local government. In Clearwater, the City Council members serve as the CRA board members.
The Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is a dependent taxing district established by City government for the purpose of carrying out redevelopment activities that include reducing or eliminating blight, improving the tax base, creating and retaining employment opportunities, and encouraging public and private investments in the CRA. This departmental budget is for the City staff that administers the operations of the CRA.
The Community Redevelopment Area's current size is 488 acres. The boundaries include Court-Chestnut Streets to the South, Drew-Jones Streets to the North, Clearwater Harbor to the West and Highland Avenue to the East.
- Improving the central city economy by leveraging public-private partnerships and creating residential and commercial stability.
- Revitalization, rehabilitation and stabilization of commercial buildings, lots and residential neighborhoods to accommodate new commercial, office and residential projects and expand existing businesses.
- Serve the daily needs of area residents; provide appropriate parking, accommodate modern retail and personal services, alleviate deteriorating and non-complying signs, infrastructure and buildings, develop a financial assistance program, demolish unsafe structures, increase residential units, ensure safety and provide recreational opportunity.
CRA Member Roster and Photos
- In Clearwater, the City Council members serve as the CRA board members.