Human Resources Department
Human Resources is comprised of four distinct divisions: administration and strategic planning; recruitment, selection and training, diversity and equity; compensation and classification; and employee benefits, employee relations and labor relations. The core values that we strive for include: working strategically, acting in a responsive and professional manner, maintaining flexibility to meet the needs of our employees and customers and treating all customers in a caring manner with dignity and respect.
- Create a high performance organizational climate that encourages outstanding customer service and continuous quality improvement through effective recruitment, selection and retention programs, training and development initiatives and reward and recognition programs.
- Improve communication, interaction and cooperation between Human Resources and its customers.
- Help foster an organizational climate that makes the city a “premier place to work.”
- Promote programs and activities that expose the city's work force to community organizations.
- Promote an organizational workforce that reflects the city demographics.
The Department is responsible for furthering the City Council’s Strategic Direction of providing cost effective municipal services and infrastructure through efficiency and quality; this includes optimizing the use of employees, assets and resources, encouraging teamwork, accessing public/private resources, and continuously measuring and improving our performance. These tasks are performed within the five major divisions of the department: Administration, Recruitment-Selection-Training, Employee Relations, Employee Benefits, and Diversity and Equity Services.
Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 4748
Clearwater, FL 33758-4748
Municipal Services Building, 1st Floor
100 S. Myrtle Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33756
Telephone: (727) 562-4870
Fax: (727) 562-4877
Hours: Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
The City of Clearwater promotes the dignity and worth of all people by ensuring strong opposition to unlawful discrimination, providing valuing diversity and discrimination law training, supporting social services and engaging in positive community interactions.
We provide the following services:
- Ensuring equal employment opportunities for city of Clearwater employees.
- Facilitating the Valuing Diversity process for city staff.
- Facilitating the City ADA Advisory Committee objectives regarding accessibility issues for the differently-able with respect to city-owned buildings and facilities.
We also provide technical information and training services to the departments within the city.
Clearwater's commitment to diversity is celebrated in the mission and activities of its Diversity Leadership Council, a group of city employee representatives who seek ways to showcase the strength in differences among all people. The group meets monthly to discuss diversity issues and plan special diversity-related events.
In addition the Council is working to establish and maintain diversity awareness in the workplace. Representatives assist city departments to set and meet diversity goals including hiring practices and recognizing and nurturing the benefits that a diverse workforce can bring to the entire organization.