According to the Southwest Florida Water Management District (SWFWMD), residents may water their lawns two times per week.
Established Lawns & Landscapes
Residents can water twice-per-week when watering with all sources, except reclaimed (see reclaimed restrictions below). Watering is not allowed between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. If using hose-end sprinkler, both times may be used, provided no area is watered twice.
- Wednesday & Saturday - Even-numbered addresses (or A-M)
- Thursday & Sunday - Odd-numbered addresses (or N-Z), or mixed or no street address.
There is a 60-day establishment period for new and replacement turf (sod, plugs, seed, etc.). Watering is not allowed between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Days 1 to 30 - any day of the week
- Days 31 - 60 - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday for even addresses (or A-M) and Wednesday, Friday and Sunday for odd addresses (or N-Z)
All Water Sources
- No irrigation sprinkler use is to occur between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Hand watering, low-volume irrigation devices, or drip tubing may be used to water landscaping and non-lawn plants on any day at any time.
All locations that use reclaimed resources to water lawns may do so on any day, not between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Citations may be issued without a warning to violators. For any other inquiries, call Clearwater Public Utilities at (727) 562-4960.
Sod Repairs & Replacements
The watering schedule for new construction and lawn replacement (sod, plugs, seeds, and other turf grass material) is for a 60-day period. Watering is not allowed between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.:
- Days 1-30, any day of the week; and
- Days 31-60, three days per week:
- Even-numbered addresses (or letters A-M) on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday.
- Odd-numbered addresses (or letters N-Z), mixed, or no street address on Wednesday/Friday/Sunday.
Fountains & Waterfalls
- There are no specific restrictions on fountains, car washing and pressure washing.
- These and other water uses should be conducted as efficiently as possible, such as using a shutoff nozzle on each hose to adhere to the general restriction prohibiting wasteful water use.
Serving Water at Restaurants
Restaurants may serve water as they wish.
Citations may be issued without a warning.
Should I follow the City's or County's Watering Restrictions?
Watering restrictions are regulated by the municipality where the property is located. The Code Compliance division of Planning & Development regulates properties located in the city of Clearwater, and properties located in the county (unincorporated Pinellas County, or enclaves) are regulated by the ordinances of that jurisdiction, regardless of the source from where the water comes.
If you have questions, call the city's Code Compliance team at (727) 562-4720.
Learn More About Watering Restrictions
Water Conservation Hotline
Call (727) 562-4960 or use our Clearwater Connect system to contact us online. A ticket will be opened which will allow you to track your request online and view any steps taken to resolve the issue. If you would like to request special exemption from these rules, call Clearwater Public Utilities at (727) 562-4960.
To Report a Possible Violation
Call (727) 562-4720 or use our Clearwater Connect system to contact us online. Select the category for "Water Restrictions - Report a Violation".